Congupna Primary School provides an extensive education based on the new Victorian Curriculum. The Victorian Curriculum includes eight learning areas and four capabilities. The learning areas represent distinct disciplines. The capabilities represent sets of knowledge and skills that are developed and applied across the curriculum. This curriculum design assumes that knowledge and skills are transferrable across the curriculum and therefore are not duplicated.
We enhance our curriculum delivery using a variety of exciting and motivating programs throughout the year, some of these programs are:
- Grade 5/6 Camp and a Grade 3/4 Camp,
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Specialist Teacher,
- LOTE (Language Other Than English) Italian Specialist Teacher,
- Visiting specialist Art (MACC) Teacher,
- Visiting specialist Library (MARC) Teacher,
- Whole-school Major Excursions,
- Regular Incursions including Bravehearts and Responsible Pet Ownership programs,
- Excursions including Quantum Science, EastBank, RiverConnect, GV Water and KidsTown Events,
- Cluster Days with other local small schools,
- Sporting Days including Athletics and Cross Country, and
- Sporting Schools Program including our annual Swimming Program.